Difference between full color LED display and LCD splicing screen文章来源：华云视界 发表时间：2021-03-19
At present, in the field of display equipment, LED display and LCD splicing screen are widely used large screen products. Do you know the difference between full-color LED display and LCD splicing screen?
1. From the comparison of display effect, the final effect of display device is the most core selection standard, and different display technologies must have some differences in the display effect.
2. From the brightness point of view, the two splicing techniques are not enough to worry about. On the contrary, the small spacing LED display, which is famous for its high brightness, is facing the problem of over brightness. One of the key technologies of small spacing LED display is "low brightness". In contrast, the brightness level of LCD is more appropriate, which is suitable for the application of super large display screen. In contrast index, the small spacing LED is the highest, but from the demand side, the contrast of the two technologies are beyond the actual display needs and the resolution limit of human eyes. This makes the contrast effect, the advantages and disadvantages of the two technologies depends more on the optimization of software, rather than the limit value of hardware.
3. In terms of resolution index (PPI), for small spacing LED displays, higher pixel density means that the difficulty of stability design is increasing. If the pixel spacing is reduced by 50%, the backplane density has to be increased by 4 times. This is why small spacing LEDs have broken through the bottlenecks of 1.0, 0.8 and 0.6, but only products like 3.0/2.5 are widely used In addition, it is worth noting that the "actual value" of LCD with the advantage of pixel density is not very clear, because users rarely need such a high pixel density.
4. The index of color range is generally not the most concerned direction of splicing wall products. In addition to the application scenarios such as radio and television, the splicing wall market has never been strict with the demand for color restoration range. From a comparative point of view, small spacing LED display is a natural wide gamut product. Liquid crystal depends on which light source is used.
5. Color resolution index is the actual viewing experience of color range in contrast index, which represents the ability of the display screen to restore color. There is no quantitative method to determine this index. However, on the whole, small spacing LED is the best technology by virtue of the dual advantages of color and contrast.
6. Refresh rate is the key index to effectively suppress the flicker of the screen. The refresh rate of LED display is generally very high, and the LCD is mostly at the level of 60-120hz, which has exceeded the resolution limit of human eyes.
7. Point defect refers to the probability of bad spots, bright spots, dark spots and color channels on the display device. In this aspect, LCD products can also be controlled to an excellent level. In contrast, effective control of point defect is one of the main technical difficulties of LED display, especially with the reduction of pixel spacing, the control difficulty increases geometrically.
8. In terms of cell thickness, liquid crystal has inherent advantages, and it has been continuously optimized and improved. Although the small spacing LED display has been ultra-thin, there is not much room for progress in the future. In terms of optical pollution and visual comfort, liquid crystal mainly refers to glare and high-frequency blue light, while small spacing LED is the problem of too bright and high-frequency blue light.
9. The life index of consumables and display core mainly refers to the lamp beads and backplane of LED display screen, the LCD body and light source. In this aspect, the life advantage of LCD is the most clear, and the overall life can reach 100000 hours. The individual differences of lamp beads of LED display screen and the stability of backplane determine that the life difference between individual splices of such products is relatively significant, and individual units may need it soon Replace.
10. Engineering heat dissipation is an inevitable requirement for long-term stable operation of large-scale display system. In this regard, LCD has more obvious advantages because of its low power consumption and low power density. Although small spacing LED has the characteristics of low power density, the overall power consumption will still be higher. At the same time, small spacing LED display products with high heat dissipation requirements also mean higher system noise Some.